The journey delayed (for a time)
Today Kervin was notified of his appointment for a consultation with another colorectal surgeon one week from today (February 18).
Those who know me well, will concur that it is definitely not in my nature to wait patiently; however as I wait for the next step on this journey, I have been reading a book which was recently given to me by a dear friend. The book is titled Congo Vignettes by Shawn Lantz, and contains stories of God’s faithfulness through triumphs and tragedies to three generations in the heart of Africa. I’d like to share a couple paragraphs from this touching book which has been such a great reminder to me of God’s faithfulness in our lives.
“I do not have all the answers. I have come to this ironic conclusion: I do not need to have all the questions answered as long as I am assured of God’s presence. The peace that comes with letting go of needing concrete answers from Him to my deepest hurts has grown in proportion to my willingness to acknowledge my desperate need for Him. It is then that I can see His presence when I look back on my darkest hours.”
“Regardless of where I am, what my circumstances are, or whether or not I see the Lord immediately in my situation, He promises me that He busies Himself with my every step. My darkness is not darkness to Him at all; on the contrary, my darkness shines as clear as day to Him. If life takes me to the exhilarating mountaintop in my soul or to the depths of despair, pain, depression, or grief, He is thoroughly acquainted with all my ways and profoundly cares about my situation even more than I do.”
I certainly don’t have all the answers and some days I feel God’s peace more than others. To be honest, some days I find it difficult to let go and give this situation to God.
However as I read this portion of the book, I was reminded of God’s word in Hebrews 4:14-16: “Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.”
Through this time of crisis we can see the hand of God … His grace and mercy … working in amazing ways.
Please keep praying. Your prayers are carrying us through this time. Thank you from the depths of our hearts.
Joan on behalf of our family
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for letting us walk this journey with you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update ... you are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteKervin you saved our lives and for that we are truly thankful. We pray for you all day long. God bless you and your family
ReplyDelete