Saturday, February 21, 2009

On the road to recovery

I've just stopped at home for a pit stop and will be heading back to the hospital shortly. Here's a quick update first ...

Kervin has been up a little bit today, walking and sitting, which is an important step toward his recovery. He had several close family members visit today and he is quite tired. He may be allowed visitors for small amounts of time and in groups of 2 or less, beginning on Monday; however please check this blog and I will confirm once Kervin is allowed visitors and I'll send the visiting hours at that time as well. He's receiving great care and is fortunate to have a private room.

In the meantime, if you wish to send Kervin greetings via email while he's in the hospital, the Peter Lougheed Centre has a patient email service which is operated by volunteers. Please click on the following link and complete the form at the bottom of the page. Volunteer Services at the hospital will print your email and deliver it to Kervin within 24 hours. Please note that in completing the form you will require Kervin's room number which is #4205.

http://www.calgaryhealthregion.ca/volunteer/plc/plc_patient_email_service.htm

We appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Please don't feel obligated to send an email ... we don't expect everyone to do so; however this is one available option. Thank you also to all who have sent emails to our home email address. Please know that I have read them all and deeply appreciate each one. I regret that I'm unable to respond to each one personally at this time. I know you understand.

Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment